What to Look for In a Digital Marketing Company?
Digital marketing is on the rise. Businesses are progressively investing in it to gain more customers and boost their bottom lines.
According to a study from EConsultancy, in 2016, 72% of company and agency marketers increased their digital marketing budgets. Digital marketing expenditures are expected to continue rising and will reach nearly $120 billion by 2021.
Why digital marketing is thriving
The emphasis on digital marketing is because people worldwide are relying more and more on the internet in their everyday lives. Whether they are on their desktop and laptop computers or their mobile devices, they are utilizing the internet for business and personal purposes.
According to Hootsuite and We Are Social’s Digital in 2017 Global Overview, more than half of the world’s population now uses a smartphone, and more than one in five people in the world shopped online in the past 30 days.
Business to customer and business to business companies are realizing the benefits of digitally connecting with their audiences. These advantages include increased brand awareness, more customers, stronger customer relationships, and better sales.
Companies that are not in sync with their prospects and consumers online are missing out on sales. Business owners who want to invest in the success of their organizations need to create a digital marketing plan, and this is where a digital marketing company can help.
What to seek out in a digital marketing company
Not all digital marketing agencies are created equal. If business owners do not pick the right digital marketing company, they will risk losing their precious money, time, and energy. When they find the best digital marketing company, they will build their brand, generate more qualified leads than before, and take sales to new heights.
When trying to find a digital marketing company to collaborate with, business owners should look for the following.
- Experience. The digital marketing company should have several years of experience working with clients from similar industries. The company’s website and LinkedIn profiles will be able to provide this information.
- Testimonials and Social Proof. A digital marketing company is trustworthy if it has the client testimonials to prove it. The website and marketing materials will contain positive reviews from esteemed clients.
- Case studies. Every reliable digital marketing company will be able to demonstrate its successes. Did their users receive a return on investment? Did they experience great results and an increase in their sales? Look on the digital marketing company’s website for these case studies.
- Thought Leadership. Do the digital marketing company’s executives and team members show thought leadership? Are they well respected in their industries? Conduct a Google search of the company’s leaders and see if they guest blog on popular industry websites as well as have large followings on social media. Also, determine whether they speak at industry conferences and produce compelling white papers and SlideShare presentations.
- Awards. The digital marketing company should be receiving awards for its work. Accolades prove that they are prosperous within their industry.
- A free consultation. The digital marketing company must be willing to do whatever it takes to sign on a new client. A business owner should be able to receive a free consultation or complimentary audit before signing the dotted line with a digital marketing company.
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 20 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing,, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.