Three Important Metrics for Measuring Community Engagement
One goal for B2B marketers is to increase community engagement because it can show an impressive return on investment for their social media marketing efforts. In order to see the effectiveness of your social media marketing strategy, you must be able to track your progress. And yet, a recent survey of more than 150 B2B marketers found only 41 percent of companies were tracking their customers’ engagement. Social Media Today has three important metrics for measuring community engagement that you can implement into your tactics today.
Metric #1: Audience
B2B companies need to understand their community in order to effectively communicate with them about products and services. Create engaging content that keeps them returning to your website and social channels. Consider the following questions about your audience to help guide future messaging.
- Where is the community member in the sales cycle (prospect or customer)?
- What industries is my community attracting?
- What position does the community member have within their company?
- Do I have content to meet the needs of each persona?
Metric #2: Growth
Is your audience growing or declining? Do you know why? If you can measure the growth of your audience, it gives you the opportunity to be proactive. For previous members, consider an email campaign to request their feedback. Monitor the growth of your audience and make necessary adjustments by asking these questions.
- How many new members join the community each week? Each month?
- How many members leave?
- Are new members actively participating?
- What types of members are leaving (i.e., did they participate in the community)?
Metric #3: Activity
For B2B community engagement, it’s much more important to assess quality over quantity. Pay attention to how the community behaves. Knowing the tendencies of members can give you the opportunity to craft relevant content and discussion topics. Providing consistent value keeps your members interested and engaged.
- What content has the most engagement (i.e. likes, up votes or comments)?
- What content has the lowest engagement?
- What content topic/type is the most popular? Least popular?
- What content is lacking on the site that members are requesting?
Key metrics provide necessary insight into building community engagement. Knowing the metrics of your primary target audience can increase the engagement of current customers and help convert leads.
As a leading B2B marketing agency, KEO Marketing can help you with social media metrics so that your audience is motivated to engage – and take action.