Improve SEO with exceptional link building strategies
Link building is a part of search engine optimization, but it can be easy to overlook. However, link building is essential if marketers want to succeed with their marketing strategy. According to Search Engine Land, the practice of link building can fall behind other search engine optimization concerns, and marketers often concentrate on only one tactic. It is crucial to keep content fresh and not get discouraged when attempting to build links. Here are a few tips on how marketers can do so effectively and efficiently:
- Identify the influential people in the industry. According to Search Engine Journal, even casual contact with important figures online can help with link building. Most link strategies involve building relationships, which requires a certain reciprocity. Marketers should offer contacts beneficial opportunities, perhaps a guest writing option or editing help, as often as they receive them.
- Take the daily round-up a step further. It is likely that most marketers already keep tabs on internet buzz related to their clients and companies. According to Search Engine Land, this is an opportunity to build links. Add another small step to that daily process by commenting on stories, tweeting at authors, and so on.
- Don't fall into a rut. Marketers should make a conscious effort to plan well and ensure they aren't concentrating on only one element of online advertising and excluding the rest. Building links through guest posts is great, but, according to Search Engine Land, a plan can help marketers include other strategies as well, such as taking advantage of editorial opportunities on relevant blogs.
- Make sure to research. It is important to create content of wide interest, and being knowledgeable on specific subjects is an excellent way to do so, according to Search Engine Journal. See what is interesting to the target market by searching social media and Google's AdWords for terms that are relevant to the marketing strategy. Companies might consider testing terms and questions through surveys and advertising. The most important point is to determine what is important to the target audience. Relevant content will be linked to and shared much more often.
- Think of link building as a public relations effort. According to Search Engine Land, link building is really about building relationships, which is what public relations is all about. This can bring a new perspective to link building and generate good ideas.
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 25 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.