Is your company’s LinkedIn profile a good lead generation tool?
Social media is an inexpensive way to engage potential consumers and generate leads. While there are a number of platforms out there, LinkedIn tends to win out for B2B marketing leaders. According to Social Media Today, LinkedIn is the preferred social marketing platform because of its business-specific model. Figures show this has made LinkedIn a common stop for buyers in the B2B realm:
- Almost 70 percent of LinkedIn users make more than $60,000 per year.
- Half of LinkedIn's members are business decision-makers.
- LinkedIn drives 64 percent of the traffic between social media and corporate websites.
While most B2B marketers have embraced LinkedIn for online marketing, they may want to double check how well they are utilizing the tool. Entrepreneur magazine suggests a couple of ways to improve a company's LinkedIn profile:
- While you don't want to overload your connections, try and post as frequently as you can. The more active you are, the more searches you will turn up in.
- Don't be afraid to ask satisfied customers for recommendations. Just be certain that your relationship is as strong with the customer as you believe it to be.
Like most social media platforms and online marketing campaigns, LinkedIn is not set it and forget it. Be sure to post, update and increase connections as often as you can.
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 25 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.