Top Outbound Marketing Services for 2018
Outbound marketing refers to activities that target an audience directly. Examples include traditional channels such as magazine and newspaper print advertising, radio commercials, billboards, and email marketing. Inbound marketing pulls the target audience to your brand using content marketing, search engine optimization, and other strategies. The most successful marketing campaigns often use a combination of outbound and inbound marketing activities.
Most marketing experts recommend you strike a balance between outbound and inbound marketing campaigns to achieve your goals. A recent report produced by Act-On Software highlighted some interesting findings:
- Although inbound marketing has garnered the bulk of attention in recent years, marketers should realize outbound marketing still plays a critical role. Both strategies deliver value.
- After surveying 130 B2B marketers from small- to medium-sized organizations, the study found 84% of participants agreed on the importance of using inbound and outbound marketing services in tandem.
- Regarding revenue generation, the study concluded outbound marketing generates 43% of a B2B company’s annual revenue. Comparatively, inbound marketing produces 41% of annual revenue.
- The B2B marketers participating in the study identified the inbound tactics they used most often. As reported, the most popular inbound tactics were 82% social media, 82% SEO, 60% blogging, and 41% pay-per-click.
- The top five outbound marketing methods reported were 90% email, 62% trade shows and conferences, 61% press releases and media relations, 52% webinars, and 33% direct mail.
- Regarding budget allocation, the results show respondents spent slightly more on outbound marketing services. Forty-eight percent of the annual budget represented investments in outbound marketing and 44% was allocated to inbound marketing. However, given the cost-efficiencies of inbound activities, this allocation may shift in coming years.
Regardless of amount businesses invest in inbound and outbound marketing services, one thing is clear: you need both marketing channels to produce the best results. Another reason outbound will continue to play an important role is the increased adoption of account-based marketing (ABM) programs and the supporting outbound tactics. Because ABM drives business value, outbound will not take a back seat to inbound anytime soon.
For more information on how your organization can benefit from inbound and outbound marketing services, or to request a complimentary marketing audit, contact us today.
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 20 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing,, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.