Trends in Outbound and Inbound Marketing for 2017
The most successful companies today are utilizing outbound and inbound marketing to generate higher quality sales leads and faster sales results. The following trends highlight the latest developments in outbound and inbound marketing:
Outbound Marketing Trends
If you own a B2B company, you are familiar with outbound marketing, or the process of pushing your sales messages out to as many prospects as possible. Make sure your outbound marketing leverages these trends:
- Marketing Automation. In 2017, marketing automation is going to save you time and increase the effectiveness of your company’s sales process. With marketing automation, you can automatically retarget potential customers through display ads, timely emails at certain points of the sales process, and get in contact with prospects as soon as they download a case study, white paper, or e-book. Today, 55% of B2B companies use marketing automation technology, and businesses report that automation leads to a 14.5% increase in sales productivity and a 12.2% decrease in marketing overhead.
- Account based marketing (ABM) is the most targeted and effective form of outbound marketing. It allows you to sequence your outbound touches through email, LinkedIn, sales calls and even direct mail to provide more meaningful interactions and faster sales velocity.
- Email marketing continues to be an efficient form of outbound marketing in 2017. The ROI for email marketing is that you receive $44 back for every $1 spent. This year and beyond, you should be making your emails more interactive, adding in elements like “add to cart” buttons and slideshows. You also need to incorporate personalization into your emails, rather than sending out the same messages to all of your subscribers. Prospects and customers want to receive messages that are relevant to them and not meant for a general audience.
- Retargeting prospects who have been to your website, interacted with your content or communicated with your sales team is also an effective way to stay top of mind with prospects who do not yet have enough information or are not yet ready to buy.
Inbound Marketing Trends
Inbound marketing, which involves matching your services and products with prospects expressed demand through search and social channels, continues to grow in importance. Make sure that the content you create follows these four trends:
- Mobile Responsive. The content you create needs to be mobile-friendly, because mobile device usage continues to increase on a global basis. People spend an average of more than four hours per day on their phones.
- Customized by channel. Effective inbound marketing leverages thoughtful content marketing for each search, social, web and email channel. For example, consumers continue to increase their social media usage. It is important that the content you post is educational and optimized for the social media platform on which it is shared. Be sure to link back to your website to tie the loop for lead capture.
- Personalized through personas. Customizing content to your target buyers and industries will make your inbound prospect interactions more meaningful and successful.
- Leveraged by influencers. Creating great content is half the battle. You need to make sure that you find people your prospects trust, including you, who can amplify your message and reinforce your position as a thought leader.
Integrating Outbound and Inbound Marketing Campaigns
An integrated outbound and inbound marketing strategy can be highly effective in generating sales leads with higher sales conversion rates. The best strategy for B2B marketing in 2017 involves inbound marketing and account-based marketing. This integrated approach allows you to target high-value buyers at organizations with relevant and personalized content, and follow up with them through personal messages in emails and Linkedin. ABM is emerging as a very effective way to accelerate the sales pipeline with 97% of B2B marketers say Account Based Marketing has a somewhat or much higher ROI than other marketing tactics.
If you want to incorporate these trends into your outbound and inbound marketing campaigns, partner with a marketing agency, like KEO Marketing, that will guide you in the right direction. It is our job to stay on top of the latest updates and ensure the success of your campaigns.
Interested in learning more about how you can leverage inbound and outbound marketing to drive marketing and sales results at your organization? Contact KEO Marketing today for a complimentary consultation.
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 20 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing,, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.