Five Stats That Make the Case for B2B Content Marketing
Effective lead generation is a vital ingredient for business-to-business (B2B) success. Without a steady flow of leads to your website or salespeople, your business won’t survive. Perhaps you are seeing leads come to your website, but they are not as qualified as you would like. If that is the case, then here are five statistics about lead generation that may help; they shine some light on conversion rates.
- 96% of website visitors are not ready to buy. (Source: Marketo.com)
- 73% of all B2B leads are not sales-ready. (Source: MarketingSherpa.com)
- 94% of B2B buyers conduct research online before making a purchase. (Source:MarketingCharts.com)
- 81% of consumers go online before making a major purchase and spend an average of 79 days gathering information (Source: Rothstein Tauber)
- 80% of users said they would register for a whitepaper/ebook. (Source: Nurturehq.com)
Quite simply, not all leads are ready to buy. Most people do a lot of research about products and services before they consider contacting the company. The way to connect with these people is to have a strong content marketing plan.
What is content marketing? Content marketing is a strategic marketing campaign of creating and distributing valuable, relevant content to attract and retain a targeted audience. So instead of sending out advertising that pitches your products, you are providing relevant and useful content to your prospects to help them solve their problems and make decisions.
Content can be white papers, eBooks, blog posts, videos, live streaming video and email newsletters to name a few. What is important is that this content is relevant to the target audience and useful for them. Sales pitches are out; today’s marketers help their prospects solve their problems by providing useful content. This builds the relationship which can ultimately lead to a purchase.
So consider the statistics above and then give thought to your content marketing plan. KEO Marketing can help you build a strong content marketing campaign that draws sales-ready prospects. Contact KEO Marketing, a full service B2B marketing agency, or call us at 888-702-0679 for a free marketing audit.