Checklist to Evaluate a Digital Marketing Agency
As your company grows you may consider hiring a digital marketing agency to help you with your online marketing. Before you make that decision, here are three characteristics that can help you evaluate the agencies you might consider.
- Current Industry Expertise
Digital marketing is a fluid and constantly-changing environment. An effective digital marketing agency stays on top of the current marketing trends at all times. Their employees are aware of any new trends and make changes to how they will implement their strategies in order to optimize the results of their campaigns.
Here are a few digital applications with which they must be familiar:
- Search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM) and the factors that influence the results.
- Inbound marketing; the techniques and influencing factors.
- Social media marketing; tools and analytics.
- Mobile marketing; both responsive website design and mobile device advertising.
- Influencer marketing; who your industry leaders are and how they will work with you.
- A Wide Range of Services
An effective digital marketing agency has a wide offering of services that are focused on specific categories of marketing. For example:
- Social Media: Growing the social community with strategies such as building social networks, creating mobile networks and showing thought leadership in blogs, forums and social communities.
- Search Marketing: Search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM) and local search advertising.
- Influencer Marketing: Outreach and partnering with industry leaders and influencers in order to access their networks and tap into their earned credibility.
- Content Marketing: Developing engaging content such as blog posts, web pages and articles in order to attract potential clients and build brand credibility.
- Satisfied Clients
An effective digital marketing agency has a list of clients, both new and repeat, that will vouch for them through testimonials and ratings. Check their client list for companies similar to your own. Look for services rendered that you want and look for positive testimonials.
To learn more about how to find a digital marketing agency that can help you, download KEO Marketing’s free Marketer’s Guide titled “Five Keys to Hiring a Digital Marketing Agency”.