Expand Your Email Marketing in 2017
Dave Kerpen, the CEO of Likeable Local makes a very good observation about email marketing: “In today’s world of overcrowded inboxes and spam filters, many businesses often wonder if email marketing is still worth the investment. Regardless of your industry, the right strategy and content can make the difference between mail being trashed or transformed into a profit.”
While it is true that email marketing has been around for a long time and some people think it is slowly dying because of social media and other means of communicating, it is not. Email marketing is still the top-converting method of reaching out to clients and potential clients. Here are some statistics to prove it:
- 81% of US online shoppers are more likely to make additional purchases, either online or in a store, as a result of emails based on previous shopping behaviors and preferences. Source: Harris Interactive.
- 72% of consumers say that email is their favored conduit of communication with companies they do business with. 61% say they like to receive promotional emails weekly and 28% want them even more frequently. Source: MarketingSherpa.com.
- 68% of consumers find email to be their #1 preferred channel for receiving commercial messages. Source: CG Selections “National Email Survey”
- 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as a direct result of an email marketing message. Source: Direct Marketing Association.
Since email marketing is still going strong, how can you create a better-producing email program for 2017 and beyond? Here are a few ideas:
Realize that email has gone mobile.
Many people read their email messages on their mobile devices and that number is growing.
- By the year 2017 779 Million people will access email via their mobile device. Source: The Radicati Group “Email Statistics Report 2013-2017”.
- 30% of consumers now read their email exclusively on mobile devices. Source: Yesmail “Email Compass: The Mobile Effect”.
Create email messages with responsive technology.
Google just announced that Gmail will begin supporting responsive design. This means that all photos, graphics and copy will automatically adapt to the size of the mobile device screen. In addition, Gmail will display larger call-to-action buttons. You can now produce higher-impact email messages with responsive design.
Build stronger relationships with your audience
According to MarketingSherpa.com, 72% of consumers say that email is their favored conduit of communication with companies they do business with. 61% say they like to receive promotional emails weekly and 28% want them even more frequently.
So do not ignore your email marketing campaigns. Email is growing stronger as a revenue channel and with the advent of mobile, it will grow even larger. Read Dave’s article in Inc. Magazine for further insights into the advantages of email marketing.
If you would like to launch a powerful email marketing campaign in 2017 and beyond, contact our experts at KEO Marketing. As a leading B2B marketing agency, we will help you build a strong campaign and improve the results of your existing campaigns. Contact KEO Marketing or call us at 888.702.0679.
All contents copyright © 2017 by KEO Marketing, Inc.