How to Optimize Your Business YouTube Channel
YouTube, Google’s video platform, attracts more than 800 million unique visitors each month. Because of this seemingly endless reach, it’s an essential network to include in digital marketing strategies to boost online advertising and inbound marketing efforts. If you’ve already invested in creating a YouTube channel for your business, Brafton offers an infographic that shows 10 ways businesses can optimize their video marketing efforts.
- Channel setup and design: Design your channel setup so that it closely resembles your brand. A memorable brand can lead to more video marketing exposure, engagement and transactions.
- Video content strategy: Fill the sales funnel with diverse video content designed to reach your target audience.
- Calls to action: Outline what you’d like the viewer to do with next-step calls to action to increase lead generation conversions.
- Annotations: Include clear, compelling main points along with interactive commentary. For example, “Click me” may incorporate your call to action, and direct users to an outside link for more.
- Thumbnails: Thumbnails can increase search engine clicks. Choose eye-catching images that reinforce your channel and brand.
- Search-friendly video tags: YouTube runs on algorithms to help users find desired content. Optimize your video content for maximum SEO exposure by using keywords in meta and video descriptions so your audience can locate your videos.
- Playlists: Tie playlists to your video content strategy to increase engagement. If a brand is remembered as an enjoyable experience for the viewer, that can turn leads into conversions.
- Engagement: Show the human element of your brand through video content and actively engage with viewers through updates, channel and video comments.
- Subscriptions, social and cross promotion: Build audience touch points and loyalty with viewers. Encourage viewers to subscribe to your channel and share video posts through social media.
- Analyze insights: Refine your strategy to maximize video efforts. Make any necessary adjustments based on feedback.
Follow the steps above to ensure your brand channel is engaging and draws in more viewers. With each new idea, start with strategy and follow through with creating content, optimizing it for best results, promoting it through various marketing channels and then analyzing the results for feedback. This will ensure you get the best return on your investment.
If you’re just getting started with a video content strategy, KEO Marketing can help. As a leading digital marketing agency, we’ve helped B2B marketers implement video content into their strategies to build brand awareness and increase lead generation.