The Three Pillars of Lead Generation
A good lead generation campaign is one of the most important campaigns that a business can run. But which are the best lead generation tactics? There are three characteristics that determine which tactics will deliver the best results.
- Measurable. Edward Deming, the founder of the quality-in-manufacturing movement, said “What gets measured gets done”. Every one of a campaign’s lead generation tactics should have metrics assigned to it so that the performance can be measured. Here’s why: every tactic has a cost in labor, dollars, or both. When you execute the tactic you want to see a positive return on your investment. If you cannot measure the results, then you don’t know if you had a positive result, a negative result, or any results at all. That’s never a good strategy.
In addition to having metrics, you will want to test those metrics before you run your campaign. For example, if you’re measuring the number of visitors to your website, make sure you know the average number of website visitors before you launch the campaign so that you can accurately measure the increase in visitors to the site caused by the lead generation tactics in your campaign.
- A high positive ROI. Every tactic has a cost. Because of that you want to get the highest return on investment that you can. To do so requires that you accurately measure the important metrics to determine your return. Some of those metrics include:
- Visitors per channel
- Engagement or actions by channel
- Cost Per Lead
- Click Through Rates
KEO Marketing is a leader in effective, results driven inbound marketing campaigns. While we don’t yet know what you would consider a high ROI, we can tell you what drives better response. To name one: accurately describing the buyer persona and then creating content that delivers a relevant message to that target audience. When the content is what the prospect is looking for, you get happy buyers which means higher ROI.
- Repeatable. You should be able to repeat successful tactics easily and economically. Here’s why:
- It builds brand awareness. Your prospects have to be exposed to your message a number of times before they gain real awareness. When the tactics are repeatable, that message can be delivered many times.
- It lowers the overall cost. Most campaigns benefit from economies-of-scale. The more you continue them, the lower the overall cost, which lowers the cost-per-lead.
So remember these three components of good lead generation tactics: measurable, effective, and repeatable. Ensuring you have done this will ensure better inbound marketing campaigns.
Want to learn more? Here’s what to look for in an inbound marketing agency.
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 20 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing,, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.