Content Marketing Insights
To help marketers hone their content marketing approaches in a way that produces the best possible results, online news and content agency Brafton recently published its Seven Content Marketing Insights To Fuel Success for 2013.
According to Brafton, these trends “paint the perfect picture of what a solid content strategy should embody.” Here are the company’s top content marketing tips:
1. Links still matter as votes: Google launched Penguin 2.0 with new spam-fighting technology, and at SMX West Matt Cutts of Google said, “links still have many, many good years ahead of them.”
2. Panda forgives, forgets (sort of): Cutts has suggested that Panda’s impact on websites on the cusp of search penalties could soften. The algorithm is stabilizing thanks to earlier refinements. Remember to publish unique content, but don’t over-think your writing.
3. Social content distribution works: More than 50 percent of sales executives say social marketing contributes to their sales margins. Companies that don’t use social miss their quotas 15 percent more often than brands with active strategies.
4. Pretty content drives clicks: Cutts advises publishers to invest in site design and graphic content. Web users are 80 percent more willing to read content when it’s published alongside unique graphics.
5. Content is cost effective: Gartner’s 2013 study shows that 41 percent of brands save money when they replace traditional marketing tactics with web alternatives like content creation.
6. Mobile search is the future: The MMA estimates that for every dollar spent on mobile marketing, brands generate $20 in return. Mobile search is a money-maker, so content should consider local and on-the-go users.
7. Attribution makes sense: Brands attribute conversions to more than 12 different channels. Marketers are using more content types to push prospects through the sales funnel, and the right content metrics are key to understanding success.
Learn how you can improve your content marketing strategy today. Contact KEO Marketing for a free audit.
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 25 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.