Promoting Content Across Multiple Channels
You may have the greatest products and services in the world, but if you don’t support your web initiatives with the proper amount of paid, earned, and self-generated content, then your online efforts will be wasted.
In his recent blog post How to Promote Your Content Across Owned, Earned, and Paid Media, Matthew Gratt of BuzzStream offers up 5 tips for using content to generate the highest level of interest online. Here they are:
1) Remember that people don’t find content by mistake or accident. Every content plan needs a complementary promotion plan that combines paid, owned, and earned media.
2) Don’t fall into the trap that many other companies do by simply publishing content and hoping for good results.
3) Develop a plan to promote content in a unique, platform-native manner across all social media outlets, email lists, blogs, websites, and microsites.
4) For instance, if you’ve developed an infographic, create some extracts from it with interesting statistics. These make great social updates for Twitter or LinkedIn.
5) Earned media is the most important. “Anything a brand or marketer says is immediately suspect, but trusted third parties are just that – trusted third parties,” Gratt writes. “This makes amplifying an earned media win dramatically more valuable than a comparable amplification of owned media or straight paid media.”