6 Social Media Stats You Can’t Ignore
Just when you thought there were enough social media marketing statistics swirling around the Internet, HubSpot has come out with a new collection of data points that will help marketers better pinpoint and hone their social campaigns.
In 18 Fresh Stats About the Current State of Social Media Marketing, Ginny Soskey points out that the rumors of social media’s “death” have been largely overstated, and that the medium is here to stay. Not convinced? Check out Soskey’s brand-spanking new social media marketing stats (read the whole list here).
1) 27% of total U.S. Internet time is spent on social networking sites. (Source: Experian)
2) 15% of total U.S. mobile Internet time is spent on social networking sites. (Source: Experian)
3) Social media produces almost double the marketing leads of trade shows, telemarketing, direct mail, or PPC. (Source: HubSpot)
4) Social media lead conversion rates are 13% higher than the average lead conversion rate. (Source: HubSpot)
5) 21% of marketers say that social media has become more important to their company over the past six months. (Source: HubSpot)
6) 74% of all marketers say Facebook is important to their lead generation strategies. (Source: HubSpot)