How to Optimize LinkedIn for Lead Generation
Over the years, LinkedIn has grown into a robust social network that can be leveraged for lead generation and lead nurturing, connecting business professionals from all over the world in nearly every industry.
Many people only see LinkedIn as a way to connect with people they already interact with through their jobs and often overlook the true gems within LinkedIn that can help grow your business, create more leads and position your company as an online leader within your industry.
By investing a minimal amount of time each week into LinkedIn and committing to growing your presence on LinkedIn, you can do a lot more than simply adding people you already know to your professional network.
Here are six steps on how to optimize LinkedIn for lead generation:
- Attract followers by updating your personal and company’s statuses with company announcements and industry news
- Optimize your page for SEO – adding in keywords and phrases that represent your industry, products and services
- On your company page, add each of your products and services and ask for recommendations for each one
- Create a LinkedIn Group to start discussions around your industry’s hot topics, create polls, post open positions with your company and more.
- Ensure all outward-facing employees have a complete, optimized profile and are sharing company updates.
- Integrate LinkedIn and social media within everything you do – your website, e-mail newsletters, blog and so on.
By following these six steps, your company’s presence on LinkedIn will grow significantly and can turn employees and followers into brand advocates, which can position your company to appear when a prospective buyer is searching for the products and services your company offers.