B2B Marketing on the Big 4 Social Networks
B2B organizations typically utilize the standard channels of SEO, SEM and e-mail marketing to gain prospective clients. It was until recently that B2B organizations began to fully harness the power of social media to increase their brand strength and use the networks for lead generation.
Recent studies have shown that 39% of B2B companies using Twitter have acquired new customers from their network and 41% holds true for Facebook. LinkedIn has been well known to provide high quality leads for B2B organizations for quite some time now – as much as 4x more than Facebook.
Having a strong and consistent presence across the major social networks is a great way to expand your reach and also carries a high level of SEO benefits as well.
Here are a few tips to properly leverage each social network:
- Be personal – post pictures of employees, company outings and events, etc.
- Enable messages – allow people to contact your organization through Facebook for customer service and sales inquires
- Utilize Facebook Events to invite your visitors to open houses and product demos
- Leverage Facebook Advertising, Sponsored Stories and Facebook Exchange to expand your reach even further and gain a new audience
- Be conversational – use @replies, mentions and retweets to converse with other Twitter users within your industry
- Share breaking news and industry trends – be a thought leader
- #hashtag words common to your industry, such as #b2bmarketing, so other Twitter users can stumble across your profile when searching for this term
- Monitor the conversations with monitoring tools such as Social Mention, Monitter and TwitterFall
- Get your employees on LinkedIn – they are your brand ambassadors.
- Setup a company page and post company updates, blog posts and industry news
- Utilize the “Answers” section to ask and answer questions related to your trade – the person asking might be looking for the services you offer
- Build your network by asking for endorsements and introductions
- Uber-popular in the technology and internet space, it’s fish in a barrel if this is your target market
- Google+ holds massive SEO benefits for people that are active on the network and share compelling content that gets shared
- Hangout – host a Hangout (video chat) to talk about a new product, improvements or a hot topic in your industry
Across all channels it pays to be authentic and sharing other people’s content instead of pushing out your own consistently can go a long way. Social networks should be viewed the same way you see a real-world network opportunity. It’s more about them, less about you and even more so how you can help each other.
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 20 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing,, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.