8 Steps to B2B Content Marketing Success
At one point in time marketing was fairly simple. You created a slogan, designed a logo and decided which medium to display it on: television, print or billboard and called it a day. Nowadays, there is nearly an endless array of outlets to display your messaging on and even more challenging is collecting data on which one is going to have the largest impact for your organization.
Each year there seems to be a hot new trend in marketing and each year the list of possible marketing avenues seems to have grown. Most recently, B2B content marketing has been at the forefront of marketer’s minds. A lot is changing within the realm of internet marketing but one thing has held true – great content provides great results, powered by a proper content marketing strategy.
Here are eight tips to get started with B2B content marketing from B2B Content Consultant, Stephanie Tilton:
- Define your goals, tie to your business strategy.
- Understand your audience – identify where audience concerns, pains, needs intersect with your expertise or solutions and what type of information they seek out and prefer.
- Map content to these findings.
- Audit existing content to identify gaps and/or content that can be used or needs updating.
- Create a content schedule or calendar to ensure you consistently produce content because it’s not a once-and-done exercise.
- Develop content (include your sales team and other customer-facing employees as they need to understand the story you plan to tell)
- Distribute the content
- Measure the results
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 25 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.