Recent and Upcoming Facebook Changes
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced today at the f8 conference in San Francisco that your Facebook profile as you know it will be drastically changing. It is tiring for even social media mavens to keep up with the changes, so here is a quick rundown of what was announced last week, in the biggest revamp of Facebook in recent history.
What are the changes? There are many – almost too many to list – so here are the top 5 biggest changes:
- Your “profile” is disappearing. In Facebook’s effort to “recover the past”, the Facebook Timeline will transform your profile into a chronological insight into your life, including photos, status updates and relationships – from day one (pre-Facebook). Think of it as a massive, public scrapbook.
- Top stories and recent updates = most popular news feed. Facebook summed it up best by saying, “When you visit Facebook, you should see the things you’re most interested in.” If you log in a lot you will see recent updates, if you are a casual Facebooker, you will see top stories so you don’t miss anything important.
- Facebook subscriptions. You can now “subscribe” to a person’s feed even if you are not friends with them and vice versa.
- Friends list is now smarter. Facebook friend lists automatically create themselves and stay current based on your profile information and similarities you have in common with your friends, such as family, city, work, school, etc.
- You never have to leave Facebook. Thanks to partnerships with Hulu, Spotify, Yahoo and Netflix (just to name a few) you can now watch TV shows, movies, listen to music and check out a news story. An instant ticker will display what interests you and that of your friends, allowing a collaborative social sharing experience.
For more information about social marketing solutions, contact KEO Marketing.
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 20 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing,, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.