Survey Shows Social Media Users Open to Marketing
A recent survey of more than 3,000 consumers by Performics and ROI Research shows that social media users are open to marketing messages.
In summary, users indicated that they were not only willing to engage with a brand, but also willing to buy from those who advertise on social networking sites.
- 34% reported using a search engine to find a product, service or brand after seeing an ad on a social networking site
- 30% learned about a new product, service or brand from a social networking site
- 32% said ads about printable coupons on social sites resonate with them
- 28% said ads about sales or special deal notifications resonate with them
While the findings dispel some misconceptions about social media marketing, they also determined how various segments of consumers use social media to learn more about different types of products. The study found that marketers who embrace social media and communicate relevant messages to users can gain customers and grow sales.
As marketers continue to gain a better understanding of social media users and advertising, they should explore existing social media opportunities, beginning with 4 important strategies:
- Talk about products and services in the social space and invite a response
- Create promotions that speak to the social media audience
- Target social media ads to reach members of niche target markets
- Track results to ensure the right metrics are in place
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 20 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing,, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.