Web Video Viewing Breaks Records in July
Consider online video marketing.
According to a recent report from comScore, the audience for online video reached record-breaking heights last month, as over 158 million Americans streamed a total of 21.4 billion videos in July.
Online video viewing has been on the rise for months. Since April 2008, nearly 24 million more users have become regular online video watchers. In addition, online video viewing has gone up 73% since that time, as 81% of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed videos online in July 2009. Average viewers streamed 8.3 hours of video content just last month.
Here are a few more interesting statistics:
- Google’s YouTube dominated the video category in July, accounting for 42 percent of all videos streamed during the month (8.9 billion videos overall).
- Viacom Digital came in a distant second with 812 million video streams, or 3.8 percent of the market.
- Google also dominated in terms of unique viewers, reaching 121 million, versus 64.5 million uniques for second place finisher Microsoft. Hulu reached 38.1 million unique users, good enough for sixth place in the category.
- YouTube’s audience averaged 74.1 videos per viewer in June, versus 12 videos per viewer for Hulu’s audience.
- The average online video consumed during the month was 3.7 minutes; Hulu viewers on average watched 1 hour and 13 minutes of video content.
For more information about online video marketing and how you can levage video to increase website ranking and traffic, contact our online marketing experts at KEO Marketing at 888.702.0679.
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 20 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing,, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.