Social Networking Increased 93% Since 2006
Netpop, a market research firm, recently released a new study that shows just how quickly social media is expanding. According to their figures, social networking has increased 93% since 2006. The report also shares other interesting statistics:
• The amount of time people spend communicating online has increased 18% since 2006
• 105 million Americans contribute to social media
• 7 million are “heavy” social media users who connect with 248 people on a typical week
• 54% of micro-bloggers post or “tweet” daily
• 74% of daily micro-bloggers are under the age of 18
You can catch a summary of Netpop’s study in this video presentation: Connect: Media Shifts to Social 2009 Preview.
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 20 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing,, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.