Social Networking Increased 93% Since 2006
Netpop, a market research firm, recently released a new study that shows just how quickly social media is expanding. According to their figures, social networking has increased 93% since 2006. The report also shares other interesting statistics:
• The amount of time people spend communicating online has increased 18% since 2006
• 105 million Americans contribute to social media
• 7 million are “heavy” social media users who connect with 248 people on a typical week
• 54% of micro-bloggers post or “tweet” daily
• 74% of daily micro-bloggers are under the age of 18
You can catch a summary of Netpop’s study in this video presentation: Connect: Media Shifts to Social 2009 Preview.