Technorati’s State of the Blogosphere 2008
Since 2004 Technorati, a blog search engine, has published an annual report that analyzes the trends and themes of blogging. This year, however, they have gone a few steps further. In Technorati’s State of the Blogosphere 2008, the report goes deeper into the minds of bloggers and their readers, surveying those impacted about how blogs affect their lives personally, professionally and financially. If you have a blog, want to start a blog, have ever read a blog or you’re just curious about blogs in general, you should definitely read this report.
Here are just a few of the interesting statistics from the report:
1. 77% of all active internet users read blogs.
2. Technorati has recorded 133 million blogs since 2002.
3. Bloggers have been blogging for an average of three years and create close to one million entries per day.
4. Most bloggers are male (57% in USA; 73% in Eurasia).
5. A high percentage of bloggers are college graduates and have household incomes greater than $75,000/year.
6. Four in five bloggers post brand or product reviews, with 37% posting them frequently. In fact, 90% of bloggers say they post about the brands, music, movies and books that they love (or hate).
If those statistics peak your interest, check out the report. If you have any questions about it, or how blogging can help your business, contact KEO Marketing.
DON'T MISS OUT
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Marketing insights and best practices from this blog will be delivered right to your email box.
With more than 25 years of hands on marketing strategy and operations experience, Sheila Kloefkorn is dedicated to developing marketing strategies and plans that help clients succeed. Some of the world's largest brands have depended on Sheila for marketing programs that delivered tangible and substantial results. Specialties: B2B marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, sales strategy, marketing strategy, competitive marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile marketing, email marketing, website design, marketing plans.