Your SEO Campaign Brought More Visitors to Your Website… What are You Doing With Them?
We all know a great SEO campaign will get you more traffic and (hopefully) more conversions. But what do you do with all of that traffic once they get to your site? Is your site ready? Do your visitors know what to do? Do you have a strong call to action? Is your site easy to navigate?
If you haven’t asked yourself these questions, your website could be in a lot of trouble! Even companies with the best SEO campaigns can fail if their site is hard to navigate, confusing or unappealing. Internet users have a short attention span and very little patience, so you have to make sure your website is built for visitors, too – not just search engines.
Here are some tips about web design that will help you make sure your site is “user friendly”:
• Make sure you have easy navigation. You need to make sure your website is fool proof. If a visitor comes to your site and can’t figure out where to go in less than 10 seconds, they will leave and find another less confusing site.
• Keep your content and promotions fresh. Nothing can turn a new visitor off of your site faster than a sale or promotion that ended 3 months ago. If it’s summer and your site is still talking about Christmas gifts, you definitely need an update.
• Give visitors something they’ll appreciate. People like free stuff, so give it to them! Create a guide about your products or services and offer it as a free download if they fill out a form. They’ll be happy to get the information they want and you’ll get their contact information, which is basically a lead!
• Allow customer reviews. Give your visitors the opportunity to review your products or services. This is not only helpful for new visitors that come to your site – the feedback will help you out as well. Careful, though. If you have a lot of unhappy customers, you could get a lot of feedback you may not want others to see!
• Add some videos to your site. Sometimes there’s nothing better than a visual explanation and a video is perfect for doing just that! It doesn’t have to be a huge project, something simple will work. Your visitors will find it very useful and the search engines will love it, too.
• Get social. A great way to connect with your visitors or customers is to interact with them on other websites – Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and LinkedIn are just a few of the social networks you can try. The more places people see you and your website, they better chance you have of them remembering you when they’re looking for your products or services!